Group, Company and Organisation
FlexLink Systems, Inc, a progressive and innovative company using Industry 4.0 “smart factory” concepts to achieve significant growth over the next five years by developing state-of-the-art material handling systems for a variety of industries throughout the U.S We offer multiple avenues for professional development and advancement and strong starting salaries & benefits in a stable and expanding organization. FlexLink Systems is part of the Coesia group - with 15 global companies and over 6,000 worldwide employees.
COESIA is a group of innovation-based industrial solutions companies operating globally, headquartered in Bologna, Italy and fully owned by Isabella Seràgnoli. Coesia’s companies are leaders in the sectors of primary and secondary packaging machinery for food, pharmaceutical & consumer goods, advanced automated machinery & materials, industrial process solutions and precision gears. Coesia’s customers are leading players in a broad range of industries, including Aerospace, Consumer Goods, Electronics, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Racing & Automotive and Tobacco.
Coesia’s companies: ACMA - CERULEAN - CIMA - CITUS KALIX - EMMECI - FLEXLINK - G.D - GDM - GF - HAPA - IPI - MGS - MOLINS - NORDEN - R.A JONES - SACMO - SASIB - VOLPAK. The Group has 99 operating units (59 of which with production facilities) in 32 countries with over 6,800 employees.
Main Responsibilities / Activities
Increases business development and manages an existing portfolio of accounts in the territory. Secures existing customers and develops new customers by selling FlexLink products and solutions and determining best fit and best cost solution for the customer’s process or production flow.
Responsible for a territory, registering Requests For Quotes (RFQs) in the Sales database, archiving all offers properly, reviewing orders.
- Identify target companies for Business Development initiatives
- Working with the Strategic Business Unit Leader to develop a sales plan with strategies and plans for obtaining orders and programs for securing the existing customers
- Contribute to implementation of the Group Strategy and development of the local Business Plan
- Ensure a high order intake with targeted margin by implementing the defined sales plan
- The day-to-day tasks of conducting sales visits, quotation presentations along with Customer Relationship Management system (CRM) updates, forecasting, registering RFQs in the Sales database, archiving offers, etc.
- Actively participate in the FlexLink North America Sales Engineer’s team in order to share skills and solutions
- Facilitate final discussions with customers that close the sale
- Identify potential food companies to call on for food conveyor and solution sales.
Key Competences / Leadership Attributes
- Business concepts and processes
- Food handling and packaging industry
- Regulatory knowledge of the food industry – cleaning and hygienic processes
- Customer relationships on multiple levels
- The market and the customer environment and needs
- Successful record in field sales and account management in the field of investment goods
- English, spoken and written
- Experience working with a sales CRM system and understands value of such
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Results-driven, solution-minded approach
- Proven ability in developing multi-level contacts at customer and building strong customer relationships
- Proven ability in designing and implementing a multi-channel approach into the market
- Ability to travel extensively as required
- Ability to set own schedule and demonstrate effective time management and follow-up techniques
- Ability to create and execute strategic business initiatives
- Willingness to share and communicate experiences for the overall benefit of the company
- Familiarity with the typical regulations, sales methodologies and cycles of industries we support.
- Strong track record selling to the food processing industry
- Knowledgeable in food hygienic and sanitary requirements
- Energetic, optimistic and results-driven
- Engaging personality both internally and externally
- Strong communications skills written and verbal
- Desire to succeed and grow within the company
- 3 years of successful experience in a sales role in a related industry such as conveyors, automation, robotics, processing or packaging machinery and selling to the food industry.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is a plus.