Group, Company and Organisation
COESIA is a group of innovation-based industrial solutions companies operating globally, headquartered in Bologna, Italy and fully owned by Isabella Seràgnoli.
Coesia's companies are leaders in the sectors of:
Advanced automated machinery and materials
Industrial process solutions
Coesia’s customers are leading players in a broad range of industries, including Consumer Goods, Tobacco, Healthcare, Aerospace, Racing & Automotive and Electronics.
ACMA - CERULEAN - CIMA - CITUSKALIX - EMMECI - FLEXLINK - G.D - GDM - GF - HAPA - IPI - MGS - MOLINS - NORDEN - R.A JONES - SACMO - SASIB - VOLPAK
The Group has 92 operating units (55 of which with production facilities) in 31 countries, a turnover in 2013 of approx. 1,400 million Euro and over 6,000 employees.
Main Responsibilities / Activities
Manages Company manufacturing and/or production operations by directing all activities related to production, purchasing, assembly and warehouse logistics, as well as by planning and controlling projects among the whole life cycle, operating in accordance with the Group guidelines and standards.
- Production - Plans, directs and controls all manufacturing activities according to defined Company production guidelines, quality standards and cost objectives.
- Assembly - Ensures the realization of Company products, by assembling all components realized internally and externally by third parties and even testing them, in order to get client acceptance, operating in accordance with Regional and Corporate guidelines.
- Procurement and Supply Management - Collaborate with "Purchasing Department" for an effective management of procurement and supplying process according to the Group strategies and rules.
- Maintenance - Ensure the maintenance of plant properties and equipment in good condition in order to ensure effective operations, in consistency with local regulations and Corporate guidelines.
- Project Planning - Ensures an effective management of the projects, in accordance with the Project Management area, among the whole project life cycle, by planning and controlling activity progress across operations departments, since when the project is sold until the installation of the machinery on factory site.
- Quality Control - Selects and measures the performance of raw materials and parts for production processing and ensures the executions of test and reparations of equipment and components within the internal workshop, according to established quality procedures.
- Continuous Improvement - Analyzes and measures the effectiveness and the efficiency of existing production processes and develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable process improvements
- 10 years' experience in leading a Lean Manufacturing Operation
- Capital equipment experience required
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Ability to manage within a matrix
- SAP experience required
- Strong ability to influence peers and stakeholders
- Able to travel domestically and internationally to various locations including customer plants.