Group, Company and Organisation
Coesia is a group of innovation-based industrial and packaging solutions companies operating globally, headquartered in Bologna Italy and owned by Isabella Seràgnoli. Coesia’s companies are leaders in the sectors of advanced automated machinery and materials, industrial process solutions and precision gears.
Coesia customers are leading players in a broad range of industries, including Aerospace, Consumer Goods, Electronics, Healthcare, Luxury Goods, Pharmaceutical, Racing & Automotive and Tobacco.
The history of the Group is founded on the passion for innovation, technological excellence and international vocation that have made it a beacon of excellence on the ever more competitive global marketplace. Innovation is part of human evolution and in 2016 Coesia invested 4.5% of its revenues in R&D.
Coesia’s companies are: ACMA, CERULEAN, CIMA, CITUS KALIX, EMMECI, FLEXLINK, G.D, GDM, GF, HAPA, IPI, MGS, MOLINS, NORDEN, R.A JONES, SACMO, SASIB, VOLPAK. The Group has 99 operating units (59 of which with production facilities) in 32 countries, a turnover forecast in 2017 of approximately 1,600 million Euro and more than 6,800 employees.
Main Responsibilities / Activities
With the aim to improve and consolidate good practices on Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Security of Group Companies in the America Region we are seeking for an Health, Safety And Environment (HSE) and Security Manager that takes in care risk management, develop appropriate controls and improvement actions and provide advice on risk prevention to management and employees.
This Position, reporting hierarchical to the Regional HRBP is a key strategic position to the long term success of the group’s improvement strategy. This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining compliance with all HSE&S Group Policy, and regulatory objectives, policies, and requirements. As a member of the HSE&S team, the HSE&S Coordinator will directly contribute to the implementation of the HSE&S Policy requirements within the assigned Region.
- Identifies and drives the development of best practices and lessons learned in regulatory objectives, policies and requirements.
- Provide oversight of Group HSE Manuals, Policies, and HSE&S internal assessment processes (including support of Group third party and customer HSE and security assessments).
- Provides support to Companies functions in the areas of HSE&S compliance, processes and tools.
- Collaborates with Group Functions, ensuring alignment across the enterprise.
- Drives enhancements to global and site practices, processes and tools to support changing / evolving global needs / requirements.
- Support the all sites on the implementation and ongoing maintenance of HSE&S reporting platforms.
- Deploys, leads, coaches, mentors and develops site HSE&S personnel, and drives compliance and improvements.
- Evaluate current HSE&S programs and activities and work with all employees to ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Report, monitor, and drive correction of health, safety, environment and security concerns.
- Guide and promote safe work performance by developing proactive HSE systems, procedures; develop safety and environmental campaigns, communications, and recognitions in line with Group HSE Policy and strategy.
- Determine training requirements and aid specific sites and departments in completing training. Conduct training for managers and employees.
- Conduct legal compliance audits, write and update procedures, training, etc.
- Manage the incident investigations, ensure corrective and preventive actions are appropriate, completed timely, and lessons learned communicated.
- Assist to ensure all HSE&S reporting is completed, including monthly reporting and other requested information.
- Implement and maintain loss prevention programs to achieve highly protected risk status.
- Assist in achieving environmental and safety goals.
- Coordinate all energy use, water use, greenhouse gas emissions reduction and waste generation reduction projects.
- Generate HSE&S performance metrics to measure performance progress and to evaluate EHS and loss prevention program effectiveness within the assigned region.
- Degree in Occupational Health & Safety, Environmental Sciences, Engineering or a related technical discipline is required.
- 3 to 5 years HSE experience plus strong working knowledge of HSE regulations and requirements.
- Working knowledge of local HSE laws and requirements required.
- Demonstrated skills must include global leadership, multi-site leadership, strong written and oral communication, resource management, problem solving, process improvement, conflict resolution and process development / deployment administration and change management.
- Experienced in working collaboratively with multi-skilled site teams.
- Willing to travel (up to 30% travel)
- Demonstrated Leadership experience required in HSE for large multinational, multi-site organization. Experience in manufacturing, energy, oil & gas, or petrol chemical industries is preferred.
- Proven capability to implement technical fundamental of safety and environmental management, including risk assessments and reduction, industrial hygiene, loss prevention, ergonomics and occupational health. Must demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in leading cross functional teams through collaboration and influence.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment while managing multiple assignments with strict deadlines.