Group, Company and Organisation
R.A Jones is a leading worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of packaging machinery to the food, pharmaceutical, dairy and consumer goods industries. R. A Jones is headquartered in North America with resources including two manufacturing plants and more than 500 US-based staff members.
R.A Jones is now part of the Coesia Group, a global company with more than 5,000 employees and $2 billion in annual revenues. Coesia North American resources include 3 divisions, four manufacturing plants and more than 800 US-based staff members.
Products and brands that are part of the R. A Jones portfolio include: KartridgPak, Autoprod, Holmatic, Aerofill, Pouch King, Criterion 3, Wraptor and MAP Systems.
Main Responsibilities / Activities
Performs field start-ups, upgrades, modifications, troubleshooting, etc. to satisfy commercial and machine operation requirements. Performs engineering assignments designed to develop knowledge and abilities of product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides electrical service support in the field. This includes but is not limited to machine start-ups, field upgrades, modifications, and troubleshooting of electrical hardware and software issues.
- Responsible for developing and implementing AutoCAD Electrical schematics in accordance with R.A Jones standards.
- Collaborates with various engineers and CAD drafters as required to design electrical controls based on customer specifications.
- Maintains electrical schematics throughout the entire project.
- Accountable for achieving all assigned engineering tasks and objectives within the established strategy.
- Keeps leaders informed on status of assigned projects and notifies them when desired outcomes cannot be met.
- Works with immediate supervision reporting to manager.
- Education &/or experience in Electro-Mechanical required. With our machinery preferred.
- Rockwell Contrologix programming with servo experience preferred.
- Knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD Electrical software preferred.
- Working knowledge of electrical components and systems, their uses and application in the manufacturing processes.
- Must be able to electronically design detailed drawings, such as wiring diagrams, panel layout drawings, cable routing and charts, and electrical component lists.
- Basic knowledge of electrical engineering design drafting principles.
- Basic knowledge of applicable regulations, related codes and standards.
- Ability to design schematics in JIC and DIN formats.
- Has good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills to interact with customers and promote the team concept required for quality order execution.
- Ability to travel 80% of the time both domestic and international, sometimes on a moments notice.