Group, Company and OrganisationCOESIA is a group of innovation-based industrial solutions companies operating globally, headquartered in Bologna, Italy and fully owned by Isabella Seràgnoli.
Coesia's companies are leaders in the sectors of:
Advanced automated machinery and materials
Industrial process solutions
Coesia’s customers are leading players in a broad range of industries, including Consumer Goods, Tobacco, Healthcare, Aerospace, Racing & Automotive and Electronics.
ACMA - CERULEAN - CIMA - CITUSKALIX - EMMECI - FLEXLINK - G.D - GDM - GF - HAPA - IPI - MGS - MOLINS - NORDEN - R.A JONES - SACMO - SASIB - VOLPAK
The Group has 92 operating units (55 of which with production facilities) in 31 countries, a turnover in 2013 of approx. 1,400 million Euro and over 6,000 employees.
Main Responsibilities / Activities• Under direction, this position is responsible for setting up, and operating conventional machines to fabricate, repair and modify metallic and non-metallic parts from drawings with first and third angle projection
• Interprets specifications, blueprints, drawings, sample parts, and/or productions jobs to determine dimensions, tolerance of finished parts, and sequence of operations and setup requirements. Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on material as guides for subsequent machining.
• Sets up and operates machines on trial run to verify accuracy of machine setting.
• Selects, aligns and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories and materials on machines such as mills, lathes and grinders.
• Calculates and sets controls to regulate machine factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut.
• Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
• Verifies conformance of finished parts to specifications.
• Interacts with supervisors and production personnel to resolve manufacturing and assembly issues and to provide technical assistance. Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment performance and quality of product.
• Orders stock/material as needed
• Adheres to safety regulations and policies
• Maintains professional knowledge in applicable areas. Keeps abreast of changes in the field. Researches new business trends and makes recommendations for implementation. Reads and interprets professional literature.
• Other duties as assigned.
Basic Requirements• Minimum of 6 years experience in a machine shop environment. Experience with European drawings preferred.
• Ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
• Education required: Minimum of high school diploma required with vocational diploma preferred.