Main Responsibilities / ActivitiesOur Engineering department is seeking to incorporate new Software Automation Engineers who will bring new skills and experience to the team. The main functions and responsibilities will be:
- Carry out the automation design of a packaging machine.
- Based on a standard software platform, develop customized software programs for the machine according customer specifications (PLC, HMI interfaces & Safety).
- Perform the start-up process of the machine at the worksite.
- Develop new software platforms and implement innovative motion and automation techniques according to customer requirements.
- Design testing methods.
- Prepare the guidelines and documentation for machine operation.
- Complete projects by training and guiding technicians. Support the service team.
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing technical, functional and quality goals.
Basic RequirementsQualifications and experience:
- Degree in Software Engineering.
- 5 years of experience in similar position.
- Experience in motion control, the configuration, programming and commissioning of servo drives, and CAM synchronization.
- Mechatronics experience will be highly valuable.
OMRON SYSMAC, SIEMENS SIMATIC & SIMOTION and ROCKWELL LOGIX PLC programming language based in IEC 61.131-3 standard (high level) and modular programming will be highly valuable as well.
Skills and attributes:
- Strong focus on innovation and software development.
- Good command of English and Spanish. Third language is a plus.
- Independent work style and leadership skills as well.
- Result and deadline oriented.
- Good understanding of customer needs.
- Availability to travel.
- Knowledge of Office tools: MS Word, MS Excel.