Group, Company and OrganisationCOESIA is a group of innovation-based industrial solutions companies operating globally, headquartered in Bologna, Italy and fully owned by Isabella Seràgnoli.
Coesia's companies are leaders in the sectors of:
Advanced automated machinery and materials
Industrial process solutions
Coesia’s customers are leading players in a broad range of industries, including Consumer Goods, Tobacco, Healthcare, Aerospace, Racing & Automotive and Electronics.
ACMA - CERULEAN - CIMA - CITUSKALIX - EMMECI - FLEXLINK - G.D - GDM - GF - HAPA - IPI - MGS - MOLINS - NORDEN - R.A JONES - SACMO - SASIB - VOLPAK
The Group has 92 operating units (55 of which with production facilities) in 31 countries, a turnover in 2013 of approx. 1,400 million Euro and over 6,000 employees.
Main Responsibilities / Activities• Involvement in the design, development and commission of the electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery. Ensures materials and components used in the initial fabrication and testing of the new designs meets performance and safety requirements of industry standard (i.e. NEC, NFPA, CE)
• Develops electrical design packages including; control scheme single line, schematics, panel layouts, cable drawings and bills of materials. Maintains a working knowledge of machine control software and ensures compatibility with system software.
• Interacts with vendors, contractors and internal production personnel to resolve manufacturing and assembly issues, coordinate engineering deliverables and to provide technical assistance. Participates in the in-house start-up and testing/debug process. Records and performs any required design/documentation modifications (“as built”).
• Demonstrates a high level of competency with a variety of computer aided drafting (CAD) packages. Ensures accuracy and content of drawings and follows established design procedures and industry drafting standards. Attends design review meetings with senior engineering staff to ensure timely and accurate completion of design and drafting tasks. Maintains professional knowledge in applicable areas. Keeps abreast of changes in the field to include software, hardware and processes. Reads and interprets professional literature.
• Provides timely and accurate communication with clients. Travels domestically to client facilities to record and/or validate technical specifications and dimensions. Ensures needs of the client are met while incorporating the best interest of the company.
Basic Requirements• 7+ years experience in design in an OEM environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-tasking, cross functional environment.
• Education required: BS in Electrical Engineering or Technology