Group, Company and OrganisationCOESIA is a group of innovation-based industrial solutions companies operating globally, headquartered in Bologna, Italy and fully owned by Isabella Seràgnoli.
Coesia's companies are leaders in the sectors of:
· Advanced automated machinery and materials
· Industrial process solutions
· Precision gears
Coesia’s customers are leading players in a broad range of industries, including Consumer Goods, Tobacco, Healthcare, Aerospace, Racing & Automotive and Electronics.
Coesia Group consists of eighteen companies:
ACMA, CERULEAN, CIMA, CITUS KALIX, EMMECI, FLEXLINK, G.D, GDM, GF, HAPA, IPI, MGS, MOLINS, NORDEN, R.A JONES, SACMO, SASIB, VOLPAK. The Group has 96 operating units (57of which with production facilities) in 32 countries, a turnover forecast in 2017 of approximately 1,600 million Euro and about 6,800 employees.
VOLPAK is the leading brand of horizontal FFS machines for flexible packaging in the consumer goods market, with largest international share. Designs and manufactures automatic packaging machine for different markets. VOLPAK headquarters is located in Barcelona (Spain) with production plants in Barcelona and India. Volpak is a 60 mill € revenues Company with 275 employees worldwide. Volpak invests more than 5% of sales in R&D, we have an installed base of more than 5.500 machines and the 98% are been exported.
Main Responsibilities / ActivitiesOur Engineering and R&D department is seeking to incorporate new skills and experience to the team, for this reason, we would like to enlarge our number of Mechanical Engineers whose main responsibilities will be:
- Plan and control engineering activities such as compliance of designing and safety standards, development of guidelines, follow up of budgets and time framing of projects.
- Advice on engineering issues
- Design technical proposals and support sales team for quotations.
- Develop and design cost-effective changes of machine parts according to customer requirements
- Design innovation applications for current machine models as well as machine solutions
Basic RequirementsQualifications and experience:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree
- + 5 years of experience in mechanical design. Background in packaging machine sector would be highly valuable
- Knowledge of modern 3D CAD system, integrated with PLM
- Modern Servo system application experience (brushless or linear motor) as well as in hygienic design.
- Metal sheet folding knowledge
Other skills and attributes:
- Teamwork attitude
- High level of English and Spanish language. Other languages are desired.
- Strong focus on innovation and curiosity for innovative solutions.
- MS Office knowledge (Word, Excel, Power Point) and 3D CAD software