Group, Company and OrganisationR.A Jones is a leading worldwide designer, manufacturer, and marketer of packaging machinery to the food, pharmaceutical, dairy and consumer goods industries. R. A Jones is headquartered in North America with resources including two manufacturing plants and more than 500 US-based staff members.
A Jones is now part of the Coesia Group, a global company with more than 5,000 employees and $2 billion in annual revenues. Coesia North American resources include 3 divisions, four manufacturing plants and more than 800 US-based staff members.
Products and brands that are part of the R. A Jones portfolio include: KartridgPak, Autoprod, Holmatic, Aerofill, Pouch King, Criterion 3, Wraptor and MAP Systems.
Main Responsibilities / ActivitiesPosition Summary
This position is for high potential employees that have either expressed an interest in pursuing a career in Lean Six Sigma and/or have been identified by Senior Management as a potential leadership candidate whose development would benefit from the Lean Six Sigma experience. The candidate has illustrated an ability to lead change in their respective roles and have an aptitude for applying data analysis to solve business problems. Aspiring to become a Black Belt II, they will be expected to achieve Black Belt certification in approximately 12 to 18 months while developing competencies that will enable them to perform the role with decreasing levels of assistance and complete all requirements to become a Black Belt II.
Black Belts are primarily responsible for the execution of Lean Six Sigma problem-solving methodologies and tools in order to deliver process improvement. Black Belts are individuals who serve as change agents, internal consultants and mentors. They report to functionally to the Coesia LSS HQ and hierarchically to the Champion on the own Organization Unit (CEO/MD/Head of the Region). Black Belt for Service are part of the Organizational Unit Extended Leadership Team. Their interaction with leadership typically stimulates management thinking by posing new ways of doing things and challenges conventional wisdom by demonstrating successful application of new methodologies. As the result of executing projects, they are often viewed as the creators of innovative strategies, who set direction and lead the way to quality improvement.
Main tasks & responsibilities:
• Operate under Master Black Belt coordination, to apply proper LSS methodologies to specific projects for the execution and deployment of programs.
• Complete Black Belt projects as assigned, with Master Black Belt direction and support, by leading teams in the application of Lean and Six Sigma tools to solve business problems and begin to develop competency using the Black Belt toolkit
• Provide project, methodology, and tool support to assigned Green Belts for implementation of projects in their district office or corporate department. Green Belt assignment based on training, project requirements and Lean Six Sigma capabilities
• Ensure measurable improvement of competitiveness
• Teach Lean Six Sigma basic concepts to team members and locally including training and selection
• Identify root causes of problems, analyzing which business processes are not performing as needed, adopting statistical thinking
• Take advantage to accelerating leadership program (BB Certificate)
Communicate and work closely with the Program Manager Lean Six Sigma, LSS Director, MBBs, CEO
Special Projects / Challenges
Job Assignment Duration:
• Must achieve Coesia Black Belt Certification within 18 months and complete all Black Belt requirements within 36 months of beginning Black Belt assignment.
• Within region of assignment, based in a district office or a corporate location.
• Candidate open to relocation upon completion of Black Belt assignment within region or nationwide would be a plus
Key Competences / Leadership AttributesSkills and Abilities needed:
• Good communication: can clearly articulate the vision mission and purpose of a successful business
• High level of social skills/softs skills, team spirit: can motivate and coach others
• Effective leadership
• Structure, process & result orientation
• High ability of self-reflection and challenge
• High motivation, passion and positive attitude
• Responsibility and initiative
Basic Requirements• Work Experience: Minimum 8 years of professional work experience. In current role for at least 2 years.
• Education Level: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
• Proven leader, viewed as a change agent.
• Green or Black Belt experience are a plus
• Objective, open-minded and an “out-of-the-box” thinker.
• Strong business acumen through demonstrated knowledge and ability to display the linkage between projects and desired business results.
• Effective communicator, able to speak to audiences throughout the organization, understanding the various needs of audience members and tailoring the message to address their concerns. Strong written communication skills.
• Ability to lead, work with teams, be part of a team, understand team dynamics, have good influencing skills and motivate others.
• Strong project management experience.
• Illustrated organization skills through department operations and/or improvement project plan.
• Computer literacy: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint fluency required, MS Project and Access a plus)
• Regionalized travel flexibility up to 20% depending on nature of project work.