Group, Company and Organisation
COESIA is a group of innovation-based industrial solutions companies operating globally, headquartered in Bologna, Italy and fully owned by Isabella Seràgnoli.
Coesia’s companies are leaders in the sectors of primary and secondary packaging machinery for food, pharmaceutical & consumer goods, advanced automated machinery & materials, industrial process solutions and precision gears. Coesia’s customers are leading players in a broad range of industries, including Aerospace, Consumer Goods, Electronics, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Racing & Automotive and Tobacco.
Main Responsibilities / Activities
The Sales Director of Coesia North America will have full responsibility for Sales Channel Development and implementing global sales and growth strategies, managing day-to-day sales, evaluating and developing the sales team, and meeting the growth and profitability objectives for the group.
Responsibilities will include Managing the sales group for Coesia North America Consumer Goods products, and will involve interaction with sister companies in Europe. This individual will provide leadership, inspiration and motivation for the sales team within the larger matrix global sales organization of Coesia Group. The successful candidate will be known as a tactical, hands-on leader and coach who enjoys active participation in complex customer interactions.
Covington, Kentucky preferred
- Drive a world-class Sales organization by hiring, motivating, developing and incentivizing talent.
- Build forward-looking processes and systems to establish a forecast and pipeline of new sales, and then ensure the organization delivers on that forecast.
- Work collaboratively with the North America senior leadership team to design, develop and implement a world-class, highly-integrated sales strategy for Coesia North America.
- Lead the process of prioritizing customers, setting goals and creating robust account plans that reflect an intimate knowledge of customers, competitors and Coesia’s distinctive value proposition in each segment.
- Provide global leadership and direction in key customer situations; act as a global executive representative for the company in all customer interfaces.
- Increase global identity for Coesia North America using the unique differentiators of Coesia’s companies, products and services.
- Lead a sales organization that has grown in number and capability, with established procedures and systems.
Key Competences / Leadership Attributes
The ideal candidate has the experience, confidence and gravitas to take ownership of, and accountability for, delivering on forecasted sales results. Proven analytical skills and the ability to make fact-based decisions. Vision and strategy to develop and achieve sales plans, identify strategic accounts and close new business opportunities.
- Ten to fifteen years of progressive experience in senior-level sales leadership roles, with proven sales channel development and demonstrated experience building and leading a world-class sales organization in a global company that is comparable in scope and complexity to Coesia North America.
- Experience with a broad range of products and business models, as well as multichannel experience, is critical. This role also acts as a voice-of-the-customer conduit for the executive team.
- Demonstrated ability recruiting, developing, motivating and leading high-performing sales executives and working within a matrix organization.
- Proficient at building effective relationships and coaching & mentoring teams. This executive has strong collaboration and interpersonal skills to build strong relationships with customers, partners, senior executives and external constituents.
Education / Qualifications: An undergraduate degree in Business, Marketing and/or Engineering.
MBA is Preferred.
- B2B sales experience selling highly engineered products and aftermarket service.
- Candidates with experience in the packaging industry or who have worked with engineered products packaging machinery, or other similar engineered capital goods, are preferred.
- Prior experience integrating sales organizations and creating and delivering against a forward-looking sales program as part of M&A integration ideal.