Group, Company and Organization
R.A Jones is one of the world’s leading providers of packaging machinery to the food, pharmaceutical, dairy and consumer goods industries. The company holds more than 70 worldwide patents across seven machinery brands, covering a wide range of solutions from improving shelf life of fresh meats to efficient filling of pouches, cups and bottles, as well as aerosol production and creative carton construction.
Based in North America with worldwide revenues exceeding $200 million, R. A Jones is now part of the Coesia Group, a global company with more than 5,000 employees and $1.5 billion in annual revenues. Our North American resources include four manufacturing plants and more than 800 US-based staff members.
Brands that are part of the R. A Jones portfolio include: KartridgPak, Autoprod, Holmatic, Aerofill, Dawson and Map Systems, as well as Jones, our namesake brand.
We are seeking highly technical individuals who will be able to perform on-site and telephone support, training, and repair service for R.A Jones customers. This includes installation support, complex electrical and electronic commissioning, troubleshooting, on-site repairs to our custom packaging machinery, and operator training. These “hands on” engineers will also be capable of performing modifications when required.
Performs field service function for manufactured equipment and any equipment sold with a warranty. Service work may include, but not limited to, routine maintenance, repairs, modifications, machine setup, or training of customer personnel. The technician will provide expertise on all built machines and auxiliary equipment, and any equipment sold with a warranty.
- Provide on-site setup and installation of all R.A Jones machinery
- Provide quality Technical support for all equipment
- Bring consistency and greater efficiency to all troubleshooting in the field
- Initial and on-going formal customer operator and machine maintenance training
- Provide on-site troubleshooting and repairs on machines that may be experiencing complex electrical, mechanical or pneumatic problems
- Provide detailed technical feedback during and after each customer visit
- Working as a team member with other Electrical and Mechanical Field Service Technicians as required
- Establish good customer relations
- Maintain a professional attitude, manner and appearance at all times
- Demanding schedule including travel (domestic and international) up to 85% of workweek and weekends to meet customer needs
- Minimum of 2 years in field engineering positions servicing complex electromechanical
- Demonstrated customer management skills, strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Demonstrate ability to independently manage a large service territory (includes effective management of assets i.e. parts, tools, company information)
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot electrical and mechanical problems to the component level
- Candidates must be highly computer-literate, skilled problem solvers and customer service oriented
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and electronic theory and applications
- In depth knowledge of robotics and servo controlled machinery
- Ability to troubleshoot and write code required for servo and robotic systems
- Ability to troubleshoot Robotic/PLC/Motion controllers, drives, HMI’s and motors such as Rockwell, Siemens, and Indramat
- Installation and trouble shooting of relay controls and VFD’s
- Robotic installation, training, and troubleshooting experience
- Driving and/or flying to customer locations is required
- Valid driver’s license and ability to get passport required
Physical Demands/Work Environment
- Lift weight up to 50 pounds
- Constant walking and standing required.
- Some exposures to dust, dirt, noise and smoke
- Working on computer daily
- Office and Shop floor
The above description represents the essential (most significant) duties of this position. It is not intended to exclude other work assignments not mentioned herein.