Group, Company and Organisation
G.D is the leading supplier of high-technology machinery for cigarette making and packing, filter production, other tobacco products, and special products.
Thanks to its extensive range of machines available, G.D is the only manufacturer of complete high-speed lines and of a wide range of solutions for the tobacco industry.
With its headquarter in Bologna, Italy and thanks to its worldwide branches and service centres, G.D provides an extensive sales and service network and it is always close to clients.
G.D is part of Coesia, a group of innovation-based industrial solution companies operating globally, headquartered in Bologna.
We are seeking to recruit a Sales Engineer to complement our existing team.
The position is based in Bologna, Italy.
Main Responsibilities / Activities
The Sales Engineer, in collaboration with the sales area manager, manages the sales process, through the proper definition of business proposals, in line with budget objectives and the Direction guidelines.
The person will be involved in strategic activities with our network of global customers; flexibility to undertake some travel is paramount.
The Sales Engineer:
- collaborates with 'Sales Area' manager in the definition of sales budgets ensuring the strategic goals fulfilment.
- manages sales processes in order to consolidate and develop business results achieving assigned budgets.
- ensures constant monitoring of the assigned market area in terms of current/potential customers, risks and economic trends supporting the 'Sales Area' manager in the definition of the most effective promotional activities for business development and consolidation.
- ensures proper formulation of offers in order to define, in collaboration with technical area managers, the functional requirements to be met managing both financial aspects and business negotiation process.
Suitable candidate will be self-motivated, with the ability to work autonomously and also able to work well within a team. Good communication skills are essential.
• Bachelor and Master Degree in one of the following fields: Mechanic, Automation or similar fields.
• Fluent English is mandatory.