Group, Company and Organisation
FlexLink is a world-class factory automation expert. Working closely with global customers, we provide innovative, automated solutions to produce goods smarter, safer and at lower operating costs.
Headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden, FlexLink has operating units in 30 countries and is represented in more than 60. In 2016, FlexLink had 989 employees and a turnover of SEK 2,114 million / € 223 million. FlexLink is part of Coesia, an innovation based Group consisting of 16 companies specialized in automated machinery and industrial process solutions. For 2015, the Coesia Group had a turnover of € 1,534 million and 6,000 employees.
Main Responsibilities / Activities
The BDM Battery Automotive role reports to the Global Segment Driver Battery Automotive in FlexLink. The role is responsible for developing the FlexLink business within the Battery Automotive Segment. Pro active sales activities are performed in line with the agreed business plan. The role is focusing on the major accounts and opportunities in the global segment but with special focus on the European players acting on the global Battery Automotive Market.
The role is responsible for building excellent relations and trust with the selected customer accounts to grow the global business. The BDM is responsible for identifying high potential opportunities, driving the sales process towards the customer and leading the internal application development towards the specific needs with both the International FlexLink Battery Automotive team and the local Operating Units. Plus, also responsible for defining the correct costing and commercial offer in each opportunity.
The Business Development Manager (m/w) satisfies customer and internal through customer business activities and driving developments of specific applications connected to Battery Automotive.
- Responsible for order intake working together with OUs
- Deep understanding of the business process – including it’s financial aspect
- Ensuring that all quotations are of a high standard
- Implementing a strategy for the introduction of new products
- Coaching Sales Engineers and leading sales people
- On the basis of specific client requirements, elaborate on the offer evaluating whether it can be applied to the adequate technical solutions or if it has to be declined for technical reasons.
- Support sales engineers in customer calls for quotations of complex systems or when the collection of more technical information or further details is necessary.
- Give technical support to other company departments for the segment / product lines under one’s responsibility
- Develop the market and the sales of new products lines / segments under one’s responsibility, acting as local interface with the central functions within in the Company
- Master of Science in Engineering or MBA
- The market and the customer environment and needs from Automotive industry, preferably also within battery Automotive Industry International and German.
- Sales experience on field of investment goods, production equipment or automation solutions
- Good command in English spoken and written
- Product knowledge
- Technical drawing
- Customer technology
- Cost estimate and Pay-off calculation
- CAD Tools
- FlexLink Design Tools
Skills and Abilities needed
- Selling i.e. deal shaping, negotiating, closing
- Excellent communication/presentation skills
- Leadership skills
- Fighting spirit
- Result driven
- Team player
- Going for quality in everything he/she does
- Willingness to travel frequently locally and abroad
Working at FlexLink
As a part of the dynamic and inspiring work environment at FlexLink, you have every opportunity to grow – in all aspects. You will be a member of a prosperous and innovative company with collaborative teams that will inspire you to ignite your potential and expand your horizons.
Join the team!
Interviews will be held continuously. Therefore we encourage you to apply as soon as possible via the apply button below. If you have any questions regarding this opening, please contact our Talent Acquisition Specialist Johannes Olek, at 0049 69 83832 108.