1923 - 1940
The Coesia Group was formed around G.D, a legendary motorcycle company established in Bologna in 1923, which was purchased by Enzo Seràgnoli at the end of the 1930s.
1940 - 1950
In the 1940s, the company's focus was shifted towards packaging, mainly for the confectionery and soaps sector, a manufacturing field that offered excellent development prospects.
So it was that the company's first automatic wrapping machine was launched, offering high levels of innovation and performance, also thanks to Ariosto Seràgnoli who had joined G.D.
1950 - 1960
In the 1950s, the G.D brand achieved global success and the company became a world leader in the highly automated industrial machinery sector.
1960 - 1980
At the beginning of the 1960s, G.D entered the tobacco sector with the production of its revolutionary wrapping machine, the 4350/Pack. The company became the outright leader in the sector, paving the way for the machines that were introduced in the following years from outstanding design ideas. These machines were able to offer a full 'tobacco cycle', handling the whole cigarette manufacturing process from single cigarettes to their packing into cartons.
1980 - 2000
Starting from the 1980s, a manufacturing diversification was carried out by the Holding company that operated G.D through the acquisition of CIMA, ACMA, GDM, VOLPAK.
2000 - 2012
Since 2002, the Group has been fully owned by Isabella Seràgnoli.
At the beginning of 2005, the Holding was renamed COESIA to symbolise the cohesion behind the Group, and its sharing values and common goals.
Further acquisitions strengthened the Group in the last decade: Hapa, Laetus, Norden, ADMV, Citus-Kalix, Sasib, FlexLink, R.A Jones.