Overall Description of the Job
Under general direction of the Customer Service Supervisor, this position is responsible for the installation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of Emmeci’s automatic lines and machines for rigid set-up boxes and technical paper manufacturing.
- Travel 75% of the time all over the US, some international.
- Provides excellent service and customer support during field visits.
- Manages all onsite installation, training, maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair tasks.
- Maintain fast-paced work schedules and meet deadlines
- Produces timely and accurate detailed service reports.
- Creating and organizing documentation and reports for clients and office personnel.
- Operates equipment in a safe manner and use field automation systems.
- Follows all company procedures and protocols.
- Cooperates with technical team and share information across the organization.
- Comprehends customer requirements and makes appropriate commercial and technical recommendations/ briefings to management.
- Builds new customer relationship and strengthens existing ones through excellent communication practices, in-person and also via electronic media.
- Solves problems which require searching for data in technical catalogs and publications to determine troubleshooting and resolution.
- Makes recommendations internally and to customers regarding changes in continuous improvement of operating procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Electrical/electronic aptitude and experience with industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs)
- Familiarity with computers, email, Microsoft® Office Suite™, and the internet.
- Team player
- Self-starter with ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective problem-solver
- Excellent work habits
- Travel 75% of the time all over the US, some international. Mostly home on weekends but could be on the road 2-4 weeks at a time.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, some technical training preferred.
- Valid USA driver’s license.
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting industrial machines at customer site.