Group, Company and OrganisationCOESIA is a group of innovation-based industrial solutions companies operating globally, headquartered in Bologna, Italy and fully owned by Isabella Seràgnoli.
Coesia's companies are leaders in the sectors of:
Advanced automated machinery and materials
Industrial process solutions
Coesia’s customers are leading players in a broad range of industries, including Consumer Goods, Tobacco, Healthcare, Aerospace, Racing & Automotive and Electronics.
Coesia Group consists of eighteen companies:
ACMA, CERULEAN, CIMA, CITUS KALIX, EMMECI, FLEXLINK, G.D, GDM, GF, HAPA, IPI, MGS, MOLINS, NORDEN, R.A JONES, SACMO, SASIB, VOLPAK .
The Group has 98 operating units (58 of which with production facilities) in 32 countries, a turnover forecast in 2017 of approximately 1,600 million Euro and about 6,800 employees.
Main Responsibilities / ActivitiesThe Design Methodology Engineer is responsible for the definition and promotion of best practices of a number of 3D CAD and PLM systems across the Companies of the Coesia Group.
She/he will define and facilitate the adoption of working methodologies to leverage the integration with the Group PLM systems, identify and promote CAD interoperability techniques and take opportunities to consolidate the different CAD systems into a single one.
The candidate will also be in charge for CAD automation routines, leveraging synergies and reuse as much as possible. First and second level user support is required as well.
This position requires good level of knowledge of one or more high end CAD and PLM systems as well as mechanical engineering and programming skills.
The candidate will be part of the team responsible for CAD/PLM rollout projects at several companies, as part of a major harmonization program currently ongoing in Coesia.
She/he will be joining the Engineering Applications Group in the ICT Department.
Key Competences / Leadership Attributes• Participate and ensure success in projects of harmonization of tools for the Design offices: PLM, 2D, 3D CAD, Automation
• Become a trusted advisor for users and deliver support
• Stay up to date with the latest technologies and integration opportunities
• Perform fit-gap analysis to promote standard solutions, and customize where necessary
• Perform Proof of Concepts and benchmarks
Basic Requirements• Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
• Bachelor Degree in Computer Science and/or Mechanical Engineering.
• High level experience of at least one of the following: Windchill, Enovia, Teamcenter
• High level experience of at least one of the following CAD systems: Creo Parametric, Creo Direct, Solidworks, Solid Edge
• Programming skills in Java and C#
• Proven track record of system integration and CAD Automation development
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus
• Fluent English
• Problem Solving
• “Can do” attitude